CARE Donation Compliance Statement
The information enclosed describes one or more of CARE's activities. Contributions are used to support CARE's programs worldwide, wherever the need is greatest. Visit our Internet home page: www.care.org for more information about CARE and its work.
Your contribution is tax-deductible as described on your receipt and to the extent allowed by United States laws. You have received no goods or services in return for your donation, unless CARE has otherwise notified you in writing.
IRS Circular 230 Notice: CARE advises you to seek your own legal and tax advice in connection with gift and planning matters. CARE does not provide legal or tax advice. Materials provided by CARE are not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of avoiding tax-related penalties.
A copy of our latest financial report may be obtained by calling CARE toll-free 1-800-422-7385, or by writing directly to CARE, 151 Ellis St. NE, Atlanta, GA 30303-2440.
CARE only solicits from residents of the United States. If you are a resident of the following states, you may obtain information directly by contacting:
- FLORIDA: A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING 1-800-435-7352, TOLL-FREE WITHIN THE STATE. FL REGISTRATION # SC-00175.
- Maryland: Copies of documents and information submitted by CARE are available for the cost of copies and postage from the Secretary of State, State House, Annapolis, MD 21401, 1-800-825-4510.
- Michigan: CARE's Michigan license number is MICS 9072.
- Mississippi: The official registration and financial information of CARE may be obtained from the Mississippi Secretary of State's office by calling 1-888-236-6167.
- New Jersey: New Jersey: INFORMATION FILED WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL CONCERNING THIS CHARITABLE SOLICITATION AND THE PERCENTAGE OF CONTRIBUTIONS RECEIVED BY THE CHARITY DURING THE LAST REPORTING PERIOD THAT WERE DEDICATED TO THE CHARITABLE PURPOSE MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY BY CALLING (973) 504-6215 AND IS AVAILABLE ON THE INTERNET AT http://www.state.nj.us/lps/ca/charfrm.htm.
- NEW YORK: New York residents may obtain a copy of CARE's annual report by writing to the Office of the Attorney General, Department of Law, Charities Bureau, 120 Broadway, New York, NY 10271.
- North Carolina: Financial information about CARE and a copy of its license are available from the State Solicitation Licensing Branch at 888-830-4989.
- Pennsylvania: The official registration and financial information of CARE may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999.
- Virginia: A financial statement for the most recent fiscal year is available upon request from the Office of Consumer Affairs, PO Box 1163, Richmond, VA 23218, 1-804-786-1343.
- Washington: You may obtain additional financial disclosure information by contacting the Secretary of State at 1-800-332-GIVE.
- West Virginia: West Virginia residents may obtain a summary of the registration and financial documents from the Secretary of State, State Capitol, Charleston, WV 25305.
REGISTRATION WITHIN A STATE AGENCY DOES NOT CONSTITUTE OR IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL OR RECOMMENDATION BY THAT STATE.