Our Core Values
Our Core Values
As a foundation of all that we do, CARE USA upholds the following core values:
- Respect for the dignity and worth of every human being
- Commitment to service
Respect for the dignity of and worth of every human being
We affirm the dignity, potential, and contribution of participants, donors, partners, and staff by:
- Providing the opportunities for individuals to work for and shape their development;
- Delegating authority, mentoring staff and encouraging risk taking and creativity;
- Treating all human beings with empathy and fairness;
- Soliciting diverse opinions in decision making processes;
- Supporting and stimulating freedom of expression; and
- Promoting and embracing diversity.
We act consistently with CARE's mission, are honest and transparent in what we do and say, and accept responsibility for our collective and individual actions. To do this, we:
- Use good judgment in protecting CARE's good name;
- Ensure transparent stewardship of CARE's financial resources;
- Communicate in a timely fashion clear standards and procedures for all processes; and
- Deal fairly, truthfully and constructively in all transactions with all staff, clients and partners.
Commitment to service
We work together effectively to serve the larger community by:
- Promoting teamwork across boundaries within CARE;
- Seeking participation at every level we work; and
- Developing strategic partnerships and alliances.
We constantly challenge ourselves to the highest level of learning and performance in order to achieve greater impact by:
- Learning from others and ourselves;
- Being responsible for the most effective applications of our resources; and
- Promoting innovation.